There are so many beautiful decorating ideas that sometimes it’s hard to decide. Styles change throughout the years but we all gravitate towards our favorites. I have always fluctuated between styles. I guess you could say that my style would fall into the eclectic category of design. Regardless of your style or taste I hope you will enjoy some of these beautiful decorating ideas.
A pretty little sink above is made from reclaimed wrought iron and black and white marble. A bathroom done in vintage style predominantly in turquoise with white washed floors and dried flowers brings the feeling of being down on the farm while still being elegant.
This kitchen above is gorgeous. The re-purposed dresser mirror is an adorable idea for over the sink. Cream colored paint makes the entire thing blend together. Cream and red pattered cups and saucers are used as a decorative element and bring in additional color. Tiny drawers and scalloped accents make the mirror stand out. An unusually shaped cream colored faucet matches the cabinetry. A red border along the ceiling matches the red accents n the decorative cups and saucers.
What a beautiful white storage chest with lace covered panels. Shown here as storage for quilts but could be used in any room of the house. It has a soft vintage look that takes me back to being in grandma’s house.The wrought iron handles looks like a lock and key, keeping your lacy things safe from prying eyes. Simple and yet elegant.
Another great elegant bathroom done in all white. The claw foot tub is classic and elegant, adding curves to the room. The warm tile floors and soft flowing white curtains make the bathroom warm and inviting. The baskets of flowers add a splash of color and a natural touch to an otherwise sterile room. Large open windows and a crystal chandelier bring out the lines of the ceiling and molding.
1. The natural wood staircase makes the open space feel organic and woodsy, while the irregular floor adds to the effect. The loft is crafted from whole logs and the skylights open up the room to natural sunlight. The exposed ends of the logs are a nice touch. What a beautiful retreat this would be, don’t you agree? I love the use of all the natural wood and yet they do not bring in so much of the rustic look that it is over done.
2. Here is an example of a living area done in the French provincial style. I love the big doors in the background. The French provincial style makes a bold statement with the use of large pieces and yet comes across softly feminine. The chandelier complements the gilded mirror above the antique distressed white mantle. The mirror also works to open up the room. The coffee table is heavy and matches the statuary.
3. This is certainly a unique bathtub design with natural stones and repurposed wood. The use of lanterns as hanging plants, the mini chandelier, and a window with natural light make this a relaxing, rustic retreat. The wood backdrop gives a masculine touch, as do the flagstones surrounding the bathtub. The distressed wood flooring and wrought iron furniture complete this picture of a manly and yet elegant bathroom.
4. How great would it be to do dishes in this sink? I just love the blue and white tiles with chickens! This has a country flavor with a modern feel. The entire basin is covered in a mosaic of tiny tiles in the classic blue and white colors. The elegantly curved nickel-plated faucet complements the country style cabinetry. The cabinets themselves have ceramic knobs in matching colors.
5. A sliding barn door is a wonderful way to separate areas where space is an issue. Sometimes swinging doors are not practical. This door would be a beautiful asset to anyone’s home and the window panes allow the natural light to shine through. The iron bar complements the heavy door itself and also gives stability to the sliding mechanism. A great idea to add rustic flair to a contemporary home.
6.Wouldn’t you love to sit and read in this cozy window seat? I love that it’s set off in a little room all by itself with the book shelves and the gorgeous inset round window. You could just sit there all day curled up with a good book and cup of tea. An ingenious use of a storage room or closet space, the windows open up the tiny room and make it a cozy nook instead.
It does not matter if you are going for elegant or rustic, these decorating ideas will give you a great place to start. With classic elements, contemporary style, and a broad mix of fabrics, colors, and textures one or more of these images will help you to choose what will work best in your home. Think about what look you would like to achieve and remember to have fun with it!
Ken Myers the editor in chief is a frequent contributor of http://www.gonannies.com/ Ken helps acquiring knowledge on the duties & responsibilities of nannies to society. You can reach him at kmyers.ceo (at) gmail.com.